Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms, and businesses use it extensively as a power marketing tool to expand the presence and visibility of their products and services. Over the last year, the total number of daily conversations between people and businesses on Messenger and Instagram grew by over 40%. For businesses, the opportunity to drive sales and improve customer satisfaction by having meaningful interactions with people through Instagram is huge.
Instagram allows brands to drastically expand their reach and connect with over 1 billion consumers on their smartphones. This new channel has unique offerings in messaging operations like Story mentions, exceptional potential for increased ad visibility, product shops etc., which will enable brands to quickly meet consumer needs while utilizing the Conversational Cloud capabilities.
Benefits of Instagram
Effective engagement with creative Instagram features
Instagram is a hugely popular photo and video-sharing social media platform. Users can share photo or video posts and temporary Stories that live on your profile for 24 hours.
- Instagram Stories — Instagram Stories have a slideshow format that includes photos or videos, and they remain live for a fixed period of 24 hours.This short-lived nature of content drives urgency. Stories enjoy a lot of visibility, displayed right under the Instagram logo at the top of a follower’s timeline.
- Photo and video sharing — Photo and video sharing will empower consumers to share images with agents to explain complex issues or requests quicker and more accurately.
- Ice Breakers aka Conversation Starters — Ice breakers provide a way for the consumers to start a conversation with the business with a list of frequently asked questions. A maximum of 4 questions can be set by the agents during the self service-onboarding process in the Conversational Cloud.
- Quick replies — Quick replies are a group of actionable items (chips) that appear as part of the conversation. They create an easier, faster way for consumers to respond to messages. Instagram supports setting up upto 13 quick replies are supported and each quick reply allows upto 20 characters.
- Secure forms — Secure forms allow brands to perform identification and authorization, safely share PII information to generate leads or to perform a registration process during a conversation in a PCI-compliant environment.
- Auto messages — Automatic messages are messages that are presented automatically in the Engagement Window during a conversation to provide contextual information to consumers about the status of the conversation.
- Post Conversation Survey — Gather feedback from consumers and measure their success across all messaging channels with the Post Conversation Survey.
How conversations start
- Direct Message - Respond to consumers with direct messages in Instagram.
- Story Mention by the consumer - Sending a private message to a consumer who posted a story and tagged the brand.
- Brand’s story - Sending a private message to the consumer who replied to the brand's story.
Setting up Instagram
To get started right away, see the Instagram Messenger Quick Start article.a