Today, over 90% of day-to-day conversations happen through digital messaging channels like Web Messaging, SMS, Facebook, and WhatsApp. With messaging, businesses can connect to their consumers through their favorite channels and on their own time. This shift from traditional voice calls and live chat to messaging is transforming the way brands and consumers communicate. LivePerson’s Conversational Cloud was created with messaging in mind, providing a fully outfitted workspace and suite of tools to help you handle, manage, and scale messaging operations. Why do consumers prefer messaging? Messaging was created to make consumer’s lives easier, some of the benefits for consumers include:
- Talk on your own time - The asynchronous nature of messaging means that consumers can come and go from a conversation and respond on their own time.
- Channel of your choosing - Along with Web Messaging, messaging is available for many popular third-party channels, allowing consumers to communicate with brands using their favorite app.
- Transfer to mobile - With authenticated web messaging, consumers can start a conversation over the web and then move to mobile or other channels.
- Quicker responses - Agents can handle more conversations at once with messaging, enabling consumers to get quicker service and increase their satisfaction.
- Full conversation history - With ongoing conversations, consumers can search and browse through their full conversation history.
How does messaging benefit your brand?
In addition to meeting consumers needs and expectations, brands who choose messaging will see benefits that include:
- Boost efficiency - Messaging is up to two times more efficient than voice or live chat, enabling agents to help multiple consumers at a time and increase CSAT.
- Increased sales opportunities - Create an ongoing connection with consumers and prospects, increasing the customer lifetime value.
- Multiple channels - Extend messaging directly over popular channels like SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp and Apple Business Chat, and manage all communications in a single workspace.
- Higher CSAT andr esolutions rates - With asynchronous messaging, agents have the leeway to consult with a colleague or an external application to compose the right answer, increasing first time resolution rates and customer satisfaction.
- Control over queue prioritization - Consumers do not need to wait by the phone or screen with messaging, giving brands more flexibility to choose which conversations should be handled first based.
- Rich Conversations - Drive conversions using rich media such as images, voice, video, carousels, rich cards, and more.
Enhanced Agent Workspace
The enhanced Agent Workspace is a centralized platform fully equipped with innovative tools and resources. It was designed to handle multiple channels of conversation at scale asynchronously, and features an upgraded UI and a conversation list that automatically prioritizes conversations for your agents.
Popular messaging channels
The messaging workspace gives brands the ability to maintain a presence and effectively manage conversations from a range of popular messaging channels simultaneously. LivePerson makes it simple for brands to integrate popular third-party channels such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, and more. LivePerson’s platform is equipped with innovative operational tools, offering one centralized location for managing all your interactions effectively.
With Proactive Messaging, brands can send consumers outbound messages on SMS, or richer channels like WhatsApp, to initiate high-value marketing and customer care conversations. Proactive Messaging allows consumers to respond to marketing campaigns and customer care alerts within the same conversation. Instead of relying on low conversion emails, or one-way messages that drive consumers to web pages or phone calls, Proactive Messaging opens the gateway to new sales and marketing use cases as brands are able to reach out to targeted groups.
Brands can now engage with customers using authenticated Web Messaging. Authenticated customer information increases the security of the communication as the customer’s identity is verified. It also increases the efficiency of agents and ensures that each consumer receives personalized service, while enabling brands to expand the types of services they offer to consumers during conversations.