At LivePerson, we believe the most powerful contact center is delivered when a brand can successfully understand their consumers' intents, and use this knowledge to continuously improve the consumer experience and their own operations.
Intent Manager is a suite of tools that lets you:
- Build an intent taxonomy
- Discover intents that can or should be automated
- Optimize how well intents are being fulfilled
- Analyze the most popular consumer intents
LivePerson's Intent Manager lets you position the consumer intent “front and center” as the foundation of contact center management and automation. It offers a set of agent manager and agent experiences that allow the intents to be used to improve the contact center.
Intents defined by you are visible in real-time and are available across all analytics products, enabling you to understand the quality, goals and outcomes, and associated costs.
When you use Intent Manager, you optimize your contact center using consumer intent across a single intent-centric management solution (ICMS). There are many benefits to an ICMS:
- Drive automation strategy by exposing the costs, benefits, and risks of automation…intent by intent
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the agent experience:
- Route to the most effective agent for a given intent
- Pinpoint effective handling strategies for training quickly
- Create new capabilities for incentivizing agent behavior across many intents
- Make data-driven decisions in the contact center based on intent
And there are many benefits to Intent Manager in particular:
- A suite of tools to create, manage, and optimize intents that is powered by our industry-leading Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and machine learning (ML) models
- Vertical-specific starter packs that can populate a domain based on your own conversation data
- Intent creation that can be facilitated by Generative AI or a “Nearest Neighbor” lookup for training phrases
- A model tester that lets you view intent optimization progress via snapshots of match confidence
- Easy discovery of optimization opportunities via the display of verb-noun topic clusters, all powered by ML
- The ability to update and train the model seamlessly
- Accelerated development of your NLU taxonomy via training phrases created via Generative AI
- Self-service intent building using LivePerson’s NLU
- Self-service intent building using a third-party NLU service (for example, Google Dialogflow)
- Self-service intent building using starter packs for a supported verticals (for brands with no existing intent modeling) - Coming soon
Real-time intent detection
- Intent identification for human agent conversations (messaging only) & bots* (*with intents defined in Intent Manager)
- Generate training phrases for intents via Generative AI. Let the LLM do the heavy lifting.
- Intent Manager dashboard integrated with Conversation Builder
- Top line metrics and messages with intent
- Intent volume and confidence
- Intent time series
- Intent list with details
- Conversation quality by intent
- Conversation viewer with drill down
- Professional services for intent modeling, starter pack development, and building of advanced custom taxonomies
- Message-level classification data available via public API
An airline doesn’t have a real-time way to understand consumer contacts by intent.
How Intent Manager helps
The analyst uses Intent Manager to discover, define, and enable the following high impact intents:
- The consumer doesn’t understand policy changes.
- The consumer can't find their discount code.
- The discount code doesn’t work.
- The consumer wants to cancel their account.
The analyst enables detailed, real-time insight into the problem by defining intents.
There is an influx in account cancellations related to the policy changes.
How Intent Manager helps
The agent manager uses the Intent Manager dashboard to explore conversations with the intent “Cancel my account.”
He discovers that some agents are successfully able to redirect the conversation and prevent cancelation by offering a concession. He uses this insight to develop a new policy.
The agent manager can quickly roll out new training that results in a lower account cancellation rate.
The bot builder wants to use automation to help with the influx of messages related to a policy change.
How Intent Manager helps
The bot builder reviews the Intent Manager dashboard and notices that the “can’t find discount code” intent is a high volume intent and can easily be automated.
She creates a bot in Conversation Builder for handling these requests and creates an intent-based routing rule in Conversation Orchestrator that automatically directs consumers to the bot.
The company greatly reduces the volume of agent conversations related to the policy change.
In Conversational Cloud, open the menu on the left side of the page, and select Automate > Intent Manager.
This takes you to the dashboard (homepage). Use the dashboard to view key coverage and quality stats.
Within the application, there are four key elements of intent management in one unified navigation:
Navigation between these sections is seamless and coherent.
To dive deeper, check out these articles in the Developer Center:
Check out our Developer Center for more in-depth documentation. Please share your documentation feedback with us using the feedback button. We'd be happy to hear from you.