LivePerson support policy
The LivePerson Customer Support Policy is designed to provide assistance with maximizing the value of your LivePerson products. LivePerson Customer Support provides 24x7 coverage via messaging conversation and e-mail, as well as a wealth of self-service resources in the LivePerson Knowledge Center. This document outlines LivePerson support features and processes, and procedures for engaging with the LivePerson Customer Support team.
This policy does not cover third-party services, products, or technology, which are subject to the support commitments offered by the applicable third-party provider.
Customer Support Channel: Channels customers can use to engage with LivePerson Customer Support, including a conversation interface, knowledge center, and more, as further defined in this Policy.
LivePerson Knowledge Center: The hub for all product documentation, including troubleshooting content and technical FAQs. Visitors can access the Knowledge Center (no authentication required) where they can search for content and/or initiate conversations with LivePerson Support.
DOS/DDOS attack: A Distributed Denial of Service Attack is a malicious attempt to make a server or a network resource unavailable to users, usually by temporarily interrupting or suspending the services of a host connected to the Internet.
LivePerson Network Operations Center (NOC): The team that monitors our networks and provides alerts about service interruptions. NOC is responsible for updating LivePerson Support should any of the above events occur.
Resolution: An issue is considered resolved when the customer's service needs have been met.
LivePerson Service Status Dashboard: The web page accessible to LivePerson customers that describes current and past statuses of their LivePerson accounts and maintenance activity updates. The Service Status Dashboard is accessible to LivePerson customers at http://status.liveperson.com.
LivePerson will deliver customer support via its global support team, subject matter experts, and certified third-party partners for optimal response times and technical expertise. LivePerson’s Support is provided to help you resolve issues that arise when using LivePerson Products. During the troubleshooting and resolution process, customers are expected to fulfill reasonable tasks, based on the recommendations of the LivePerson Customer Support team. All issues and inquiries should be reported through the LivePerson Customer Support channels.
The following items are generally not supported:
⇪ Features for which LivePerson has declared “end of support.”
⇪ Alterations or revisions to the LivePerson code by the customer.
⇪ Continued support of issues for which LivePerson has provided a solution that has not been implemented by the customer, or for which data requested from the customer has not been provided.
⇪ Writing or debugging custom applications without following LivePerson integration guidelines.
⇪ Dashboards and derived metrics/attributes created by the customer in Conversational Cloud Analytics Builder. For more information, please refer to the Analytics Builder overview.
⇪ Third-party services, products, or technology. Please let us know if you have questions about a third-party tool and we will endeavor to help obtain additional information for you.
LivePerson Support provides 24x7 messaging conversation support. Messaging is accessible from the Conversational Cloud Connection Area.
Each issue that is identified by the LivePerson Network Operations Center or reported by LivePerson customers is assigned a severity level and is tracked according to the following service levels. Upon request, customer will promptly provide LivePerson with full cooperation and all information reasonably requested by LivePerson to facilitate the investigation of all support issues (e.g., test account information, user ID's, access to customer’s mobile application etc.). Customer acknowledges that its inability to provide all requested information by LivePerson may affect the time periods set forth below and LivePerson shall not be in breach of its obligations herein or be responsible for such delays.
|Severity level||Contact Method||Description||Response time||Periodic updates||Preliminary root cause analysis|
LivePerson Products/Services are unavailable or severely degraded and have a significant impact on the customer's business functions and practices. A workaround is not available.
Security incidents (availability of service due to DOS/DDOS attack, suspected/actual data compromise) are included in this severity level.
|1 hour||2 hours||3 business days|
|2||Messaging Conversation||LivePerson Products/Services are available but degraded and the impact on customer's business functions and practices is moderate. A workaround may be available.||3 hours||1 business day||Not applicable|
|3||Messaging Conversation||System performance issues or bugs affecting some but not all users/website visitors. Short- term workaround is available, but not scalable.||3 business days||3 business days||Not applicable|
- Response time is a verbal response (including phone), or written response, or electronic response (via the LivePerson Service Status Dashboard or via messaging conversation) from LivePerson to Customers regarding an issue with LivePerson products.
- Periodic Updates are displayed on the LivePerson Service Status Dashboard.
- Preliminary Root Cause Analysis is LivePerson's preliminary investigation into the root cause of an incident that occurred on our platform or products. The document describes the information available to LivePerson at the time the document is written.
- Final Root Cause Analysis. LivePerson will continue to investigate the incident and deliver a final document that outlines the preventative measures implemented by LivePerson as soon as commercially feasible based on the nature and complexity of the incident.
- Enhanced Service Levels (SLAs) are available if the Customer purchases an enhanced support package. For details, see- https://www.liveperson.com/services/enhanced-support
LivePerson provides service incident notifications and maintenance activity updates on the LivePerson Service Status Dashboard.
LivePerson maintains an Emergency Contact distribution list of customers for communicating special notifications (such as daylight savings time updates, etc.). Communications regarding these special notifications are provided via email to the customer’s emergency contacts. The customer is required to submit contact information, including an email, of a designated emergency contact, in order to receive such special notifications from LivePerson.
- LivePerson Customer Support requires each customer to provide an email address of at least one emergency contact, in case we need to contact you.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to notify LivePerson Customer Support of all changes to their emergency contact(s). LivePerson strongly recommends that the customer establish a single global email address (distribution list) for emergency contacts.
- We recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your organizational mail server’s safe senders list to ensure that you receive e-mails from us.
The following is a description of LivePerson’s maintenance activities.
- LivePerson conducts most of its critical maintenance activities during a predefined maintenance window on Sundays. Most of the activities will not affect your use of the Hosted Services.
- When maintenance activities will affect your use of the Hosted Services, LivePerson will provide you with up to ten (10) days advance notice on the Service Status Dashboard page for your account. Such maintenance activities will occur during the following Maintenance Window times:
|Server location and domain||Maintenance windows|
|North America (z1.le.liveperson.net)||Sunday from 12 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. ET|
|Europe (z2.le.liveperson.net)||Sunday from 2 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. GMT|
|APAC (z3.le.liveperson.net)||Sunday from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. AEST|
On rare occasions, it may be necessary to conduct emergency or unscheduled maintenance activities. In these cases, we will give as much advance notice as possible through the Emergency Contact distribution list provided by the customer.
This document, materials or presentation, whether offered online or presented in hard copy ("LivePerson Informational Tools") is for informational purposes only. LIVEPERSON, INC. PROVIDES THESE LIVEPERSON INFORMATIONAL TOOLS "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Trademarks or service marks of LivePerson may not be used in any manner without LivePerson's express written consent. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
LivePerson shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use or the inability to use the LivePerson Information Tools, including any information contained herein.
© 2022 LivePerson, Inc. All rights reserved.
Check out our Developer Center for more in-depth documentation. Please share your documentation feedback with us using the feedback button. We'd be happy to hear from you.