The vision of the intent-driven business is to fundamentally change how brands understand and act on what their consumers want and need - not through proxies like website click patterns - but with consumers’ own intents. LivePerson’s Intent Analyzer allows you to do this and you can get up and running very quickly with Prebuilt Domains.
What is the LivePerson Intent Analyzer?
The Intent Manager accurately understands what consumers want. It empowers brands to build an intent taxonomy, analyze the most popular consumer intents, optimize how well they are being fulfilled, and discover intents that can or should be automated. The Intent Manager is made up of the Intent Builder and the LivePerson Intent Analyzer.
Intent Manager’s proprietary natural language understanding (NLU) engine extracts consumer intents at every turn of the conversation. Intent Manager comes pre-configured for a variety of industries, to automatically understand a high percentage of consumer intents entirely out of the box. It offers flexibility for data scientists, content creators, and non-technical employees to fine-tune or configure custom intents from a simple interface.
Real-time intent data empowers brands to make important business policy, process, and product-related decisions, and to automate a high percentage of consumer interactions when used in conjunction with LivePerson’s Conversation Builder.
Prerequesites: Click here to learn the terminology of the Intent Manager before you start.
Step 1: Accessing the LivePerson Intent Analyzer
- To access the LivePerson Intent Analyzer, log in to the Conversational Cloud and find it in the Quick launch menu at the bottom right of the screen.
- Navigate to the LivePerson Intent Analyzer, you’ll be greeted with the intro dashboard.
Step 2: Create a domain by selecting a prebuilt domain
There are currently 4 industry-specific domains: Telecommunications, Financial services, Airlines, and Insurance; there is also a generic domain called Cross-vertical. Cross vertical is a good starting point to see how the tool works especially if your business doesn't fit into any of the other categories.
- Press "add" and the pre-built domain will be added to your account.
- You’re all now all set with your first domain! Please note that this can be customized later. For more information on how to customize the Intent Manager, click here
Step 3: Create customer conversation data
- Click on this link to start mock conversations. Ask some questions that will trigger the intent in your domain. For example: I would like to pay my bill.
- If you have your LivePerson Intent Analyzer dashboard open, you will see the intents classified in real time.
Step 4: Get to know the dashboard
- HEADERS: All tables in the dashboards can be sorted by clicking on any of the headers. AUTO REFRESH: The auto refresh setting allows you to set how often the dashboard refreshes. Setting it to the lowest time of 15 seconds will give you a live view into your intents.
- SEARCH: You are able to search for keywords in messages or metadata like conversation IDs.
- FILTERS: When you add a filter, you will see many different data points to filter by Skills, Groups, and Agents.
- TIME RANGE: You have three options to select a time range to filter your intent data.
- INTENT TRENDS: The iintent trends view gives a high level view of which intents are happening in your contact center including:
- Topline Metrics
- Top Intents
- Intents with Lowest Confidence Score
- Intents with Lowest MCS
- Connect to Conversational Cloud: In order to see conversational data flowing in Intent Manager you will need to connect the LivePerson Conversation Cloud to your website or messaging channels. Choose the messaging channel you'd like to get started with: Web Messaging or SMS
- Work on building your intent taxonomy: Once you have real data flowing through the Conversational Cloud, you’ll be able to easily expand and optimize your intent taxonomy using your historial conversations. Click here to learn more about intent discovery & optimization.
- Learn more about the LivePerson Intent Analyzer: See LivePerson’s Intent Analyzer overview article for more information.