Create a bot using Conversation Builder.
Step 1: Add Conversation Builder permissions to the Administrator profile
- Log in to LiveEngage.
- On the left sidebar, click the icon. This displays the Users tab.
- Click the Profiles tab, and then click the “Administrator” profile name.
- On the Edit Profile page that appears, enable the following Conversation Builder permissions:
- Conversation Builder: Administrator
- Conversation Builder: Content User
- Conversation Builder: Business User
- Conversation Builder: Bot Status Access
- Conversation Builder: Bot Builder
- Click Save, and then click OK in the confirmation dialog that appears.
- In the lower-left corner, click the icon, and then select Logout to log out of LiveEngage. Then log in again to “pick up” the new permissions.
Step 2: Access Conversation Builder
- In LiveEngage, on the left sidebar, click the icon.
- In the Conversational AI dashboard, click Conversation Builder.
Step 3: Create a bot
- Click New Bot in the upper-right corner.
- Select the Basic Bot template.
- In the dialog that appears:
- Name: Enter a unique name.
- Description: Enter a meaningful description.
- Bot Type: Leave this set to “Consumer Facing Bot.”
- Click Create Bot. Since you selected the Basic Bot template, by default this creates a bot with a “Welcome” dialog that matches and responds to simple forms (patterns) of “hello”.
- Preview the bot:
- Click the icon in the lower-right corner of the screen to open the Preview window.
- Enter “hello.” You will see the response, “Hi there! Thanks for coming!”
Congratulations! You’ve just created your first bot!
Step 4: Dive Deeper (Optional)
Want to try your hand at changing the bot?
Add a new pattern
- Note the two, small icons to the left of the Assist window.
Click the Interaction Details icon.
- In the Interaction Details window, click Settings.
- In the Patterns section, click Add New.
- Enter "aloha," and press Enter. Click Save.
Preview the bot again
- Open the Preview window like you did before, and start a new session by entering “reset” in the window. You’ll need to start a new session to “pick up” the change you just made.
- Enter “aloha.” You will see that the bot responds to this new greeting with the same response as before.
To learn how to extend the bot and connect it to LiveEngage, complete the tutorials listed below.
Conversation Builder tutorials
Want to learn more? Check out these, more in-depth tutorials: