How bots work in our Conversational Cloud
Bots and large-scale automation transform how you interact with your consumers, enabling one-to-one interactions that can replace IVR systems, websites, and apps with conversations.
Bots can carry out a variety of automatic tasks and communicate with consumers to help take the load off of your agents. Since your consumers want to build and maintain relationships with you just like they talk to their friends and family — through natural language and dialog — bots and agents are key to operating automation at scale.
Humans and bots work together
In Conversational Cloud, our AI-powered platform, bots are handled just like human agents. Bots can perform tasks that a human agent can, and both are measured with the same KPIs in the same agent workspace. This enables a conversation to be easily passed between a bot and a human agent.
Human agents have the ability to intervene or pick up conversations where needed. This is what we call the human-bot tango. LivePerson’s tools make this unique capability possible.
The first part of the human-bot tango takes place in our bot building application. Conversation Builder makes it easy for agents and other non-technical team members to participate in creating bots. To accelerate the process, you can start with an industry-specific bot template.
Additionally, Conversational Cloud lets agents become bot managers who can manage and train the bots. As agents do their everyday work, tweaking conversations for better outcomes, bots are automatically made better too.
Benefits of bots to your brand
Bots can have a dramatic impact on contact center operations, helping you to:
- Free up valuable agent time: Bots can handle mundane and monotonous tasks allowing human agents the time to focus on more complex conversations.
- Reduce your customer care costs: As a large number of common customer service interactions are highly automated, bots can step in to handle these routine tasks, dramatically cutting your contact center costs.
- Track and monitor bots just like human agents: A bot’s performance is measured against your KPIs, are monitored in real-time by agent managers, and are included in centralized reporting. Our detailed and flexible reports allow for further analysis and bot performance optimization.
- Build a strong and integrated contact center team: Conversations can be passed back and forth between human and bot agents without a hitch, with human agents always available to speak to a consumer when the situation requires.
Benefits of bots to your consumers
- Boost consumer satisfaction with rapid response times: By using automation, you can supply more consumers with more answers...at greater speed. With their issues being instantly attended to, consumers enjoy a better overall experience.
- Meet consumer expectations for an always-on service: Your consumers are connected 24/7 and expect your brand to be the same. Bots can step in at any time of day to field questions and offer round-the-clock assistance whenever your consumers need it.
- Enrich the consumer experience with structured content: Pre-built templates and content make bots both efficient and friendly. Structured content facilitates clear communication with bots, so requests are more easily understood, and bot responses are more accurate.
- Give consumers the best of both worlds: Not only do your consumers get quick and easy answers from bots, but also, when necessary, more personal attention from your human agents.
Read Forrester's report: Use Automation, AI, and Chatbots to Improve Customer Engagements to see how bots help companies meet high consumer demands while gaining powerful insights on interactions.
Build a bot with our tools
You can build bots in our Conversational Builder using an interactive dialog builder, or by selecting from a library of industry-specific templates. The templates let you deploy out-of-box automation across the most common workflows, tuned for the top intents in retail, telco, and other industries. This enables rapid adoption.
Bring your own bot (BYOB) to our open platform
Got your own third-party bot that you want to integrate? No problem. You can bring it into our open platform. Connectors and APIs empower you to leverage the right automation for your use cases.
LivePerson offers a comprehensive set of management and reporting capabilities that you can use to manage both LivePerson native bots and third-party bots. Any bot can be fully integrated and become a vital component of your customer care team.
Check out our Developer Center for more in-depth documentation. Please share your documentation feedback with us using the feedback button. We'd be happy to hear from you.