WhatsApp is popular in 104 countries around the world, making it an excellent channel for brands to adopt. The WhatsApp Business connector allows brands to communicate with consumers using their favorite messaging channel. With LivePerson, brands have access to the premier enterprise messaging platform for effectively managing WhatsApp conversations at scale.
- Consumer-preferred channel — With 1.5 billion users globally, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world.
- Rich Conversations capabilities — Rich Conversation capabilities like audio, file and image sharing, reply buttons, list messages, rich links, location and contact sharing, Automatic Messages, and read receipts provide an enhanced messaging experience with more flexibility.
- Verified business accounts — A business profile that’s been verified by WhatsApp receives a green checkmark and an official business account designation to provide your consumers with confidence that they are messaging with the right brand.
- Free and easy to use — WhatsApp is free to use and works on Wi-Fi or cellular data for added accessibility.
- Enhanced security — End-to-end encryption provides an additional layer of security, giving consumers added peace of mind.
- Secure forms — Secure forms allow brands to perform identification and authorization, share PII information to generate leads, or perform a registration process during a conversation in a PCI-compliant environment.
- Post Conversation Survey — Gather feedback from consumers and measure their success across all messaging channels with the Post Conversation Survey.
Brands can deflect consumers who are eligible to message via WhatsApp from voice calls to WhatsApp Business Messaging using IVR deflection. Proactive notifications from IVR systems allow brands to share an alert with the consumer on WhatsApp messenger, guiding them to continue the conversation over WhatsApp. Brands must send invitations as a WhatsApp Message Template.
Brands can integrate their business systems (CRM, marketing automation, etc.) and share notifications of real-time business actions with consumers on WhatsApp. Brands must send these notifications as a WhatsApp Message Template
- Order shipment or confirmation
- Service appointment
- Fraudulent activity
By messaging an advertised WhatsApp phone number or tapping on the brand’s “click-to-chat” button, the consumer can initiate a conversation with the brand.
Check out our Developer Center for more in-depth documentation. Please share your documentation feedback with us using the feedback button. We'd be happy to hear from you.