Conversational Marketplaces Overview
Conversational Marketplaces transform the way online marketplaces, their customers, and consumers engage in sales and customer care journeys. LivePerson’s marketplace solution allows Brands to use our conversational commerce tools to create seamless conversational experiences between consumers and their customers - independent businesses, subsidiary companies, and franchise networks - within their digital storefronts.
LivePerson’s Conversational Marketplaces allows Brands to offer businesses in their Marketplace and brand sites the ability to leverage LivePerson’s Conversational Commerce tools and message directly with their consumers, empowering them to provide higher customer satisfaction, increase lifetime value, generate leads, and drive revenue.
The Conversational Marketplace allows consumers to connect with your brand’s businesses, products, and services with AI-powered messaging that can help drive lifetime value and foster consumer relationships.
- Personalize your Marketplace for consumers’ preferences Businesses on your Conversational Marketplace can quickly answer questions and transact with consumers as they research products and services — on your brand’s site or app or in familiar channels like Apple Messages for Business, WhatsApp, text messaging, and more.
- Drive more leads and sales with direct messaging Direct communication with businesses makes it easy for their consumers to finalize decisions, so brands can deliver more high-intent leads and sales attribution.
- Allow consumers to make appointments or complete transactions in these secure conversations Allow consumers to make appointments or complete transactions in these secure conversations — no channel switch required. Attribute that revenue to help prove your brand’s platform’s value.
- Expand discovery and strengthen retention
- Increase stickiness by activating conversational entry points beyond your brand’s site for merchants — Apple Messages for Business, Google’s Business Messaging, WhatsApp, and more. All conversions will ultimately be attributed to your brand as the source of the conversation.
Conversational Cloud Account Types in a Marketplace
- Marketplace Account — The Marketplace account is the 'provider' account or the Marketplace consumer’s account, which houses the configurations and will serve as the source of all conversations. Businesses that are part of the marketplace are subscribed to this account. Campaigns and Engagements are set-up in this account and will serve as the conversational entry points for your Marketplace.
- Business Account — These are the businesses, merchants, or customers that are within the Marketplace. Any number of brands can be subscribed to a Marketplace and serve as the owners of the conversations. Also, a business account can be a part of other marketplaces. A business account can be The brands that make up a Marketplace can be from many different customer segments: :
- Product and Service Listings: Marketplaces that list products and services from independently-owned small to medium businesses and enterprise brands.
- Franchise and Multilocation: Parent brands that list, advertise, or enable sales and services for retail and franchise locations on their brand site.
- Business Listings: Marketplaces that list businesses and offer consumers the ability to search, inquire, schedule, or transact.
- Conversation Rollover Account — Conversation Rollover allows conversations to be handled by a different account than they are owned by. A Rollover account can be configured to handle conversations on behalf of the entire Marketplace provider in a single account, which is especially helpful for scaling the automation strategy of the Marketplace. A single bot can be enabled to handle the conversation volume across all brands with an escalation back to the built-in brand account as needed.
Channels Available for Marketplaces
- Web Messaging
- Apple Messages for Business
- Twilio SMS
- Google My Business - coming soon
Reporting Solutions for a Marketplace
Analytics Builder — Marketplace Network Dashboard
The Marketplace Network Dashboard has been introduced to Analytics Builder as a home base report for any Marketplace Provider who wants to get a better understanding of their network. The report aggregates the performance across the subscriber networks and can break down the performance by brand.
Commonly, a Marketplace will be powered by automation to first handle incoming conversations. The Marketplace Network Dashboard has integrated automation metrics that can help the Marketplace understand the success of its automation strategy.
Read more about Marketplace reporting here.
Messaging Interactions API for Providers
Commonly, Marketplace businesses are typically larger and more robust companies that have existing reporting strategies internal to their client systems. Therefore, a key Reporting API is enabled that can be configured to be sent to the Marketplace Provider where they can then digest the data into their reporting systems.
The Conversational Cloud Messaging Interactions API retrieves the most up-to-date information available about contact center messaging interactions. This API makes it possible to search, filter, and analyze data and transcripts of open and closed conversations. The API returns the conversation’s transcripts and all of its related metadata; such as: start time, end time, Meaningful Conversation Score (MCS), CSAT, summary, participating agents, the reason the conversation was closed, and more. This API supports the HTTP POST functionality (data retrieval), and all data is returned in JSON format.
For enablement and access to API please reach out to account manager.
Check out our Developer Center for more in-depth documentation. Please share your documentation feedback with us using the feedback button. We'd be happy to hear from you.