Week of April 17th
New: Proactive Messaging Updates
Exact delivery dates may vary, and brands may therefore not have immediate access to all features on the date of publication. Please contact your LivePerson account team for the exact dates on which you will have access to the features.
The timing and scope of these features or functionalities remain at the sole discretion of LivePerson and are subject to change.
Changes to pricing:
WhatsApp’s new marketing, utility and service conversation rates effective June 1, 2023 are available here. Utility rates will be lower than today’s business-initiated conversation rates; marketing higher in most markets; and service conversation rates will be the same as the current user-initiated rates.
WhatsApp has designed these changes (Source) to better align their pricing model with the value WhatsApp presents to consumers and businesses at different stages of the customer journey. As an example, while email and SMS observe 2-5% conversion rate, WhatsApp has seen up to 98% of open rates and 40% - 50% conversion rates (Source).
Below is a detailed comparison of WhatsApps pricing model today vs tomorrow. These four (4) new conversation categories will be required in template approval starting April 1, 2023 and apply to pricing effective June 1, 2023:
Current vs future pricing
Proactive tool updates:
Smooth migration process:
Templates migration details provided over the Proactive Tool:
- Within “Messaging Templates” tab/page brands will be able to see additional details:
- “previous type” - referring to the previous template category.
- “type” - referring to the new (migrated) template category.
Additional column "previous type" within Message Templates tab
- If you do not agree with mapping between previous category and new category of some templates, you will be able to resolve this, following two options:
- Appeal to Meta and get the feedback from their side why your template is mapped to the category that you think is wrong.
- Delete the current template, do some correction over the content (based on the Meta templates guideline) and submit it for the review process again.
New categories (template creation):
When you create new templates, as of now you will have only new template categories available for selection. To ensure the correct classification of your new templates, we recommend that you refer to the New Template Category Guidelines. Furthermore, please be advised that pricing updates for WhatsApp on new categories will come into effect on June 1, 2023.
When is this planned migration to occur:
WhatsApp's launch timeline
What actions are required by your side:
- You are required to review all your templates and their mapping between the previous and the new category. If you don’t agree with category mapping you can proceed with the Template categorisation appeal process till May 15, 2023.
- To ensure the correct classification of your new templates, we recommend that you refer to the New Template Category Guidelines. Furthermore, please be advised that pricing updates for WhatsApp on new categories will come into effect on June 1, 2023.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the LivePerson WhatsApp team at firstname.lastname@example.org.