Google Business Messaging allows consumers to start a messaging thread with a business directly from popular mobile search interfaces, such as Google search results, Google Business Profiles and Google Maps.
Why use Google Business Messaging to connect with your consumers?
- Greater discoverability — Internet users search Google 3.5 billion times per day. Harness the power of your Google presence and put messaging at the fingertips of online consumers.
- Reduced costs — Google drives massive call volume to businesses, who can save money and time by deflecting these calls to messaging.
- Familiar consumer interface — Google is the default search interface used by most consumers. Now they can initiate conversations with brands through familiar and trusted tools.
- Compatibility — With no carrier dependency, Google Business Messaging is available for both iOS and Android users.
How conversations start
The Google Business Messaging connector enables consumers to message your brand directly from a Google search interface.
Here’s how it works:
- Google enables a “Message Us” button to the brand’s Google place sheet, or a textual call-to-action from Google organic search results.
- Consumer searches for the business on Google and taps a button to message from Google Maps, Google Business Profiles, or search results.
- The consumer’s Google Maps app opens, they receive an initial welcome message from the brand, and the consumer can actively begin messaging with the business.
- Google Maps app is native to Android devices. For iOS users that do not have Google Maps app installed, the consumer will be directed to an interstitial page directing them to download the app from the App Store.
- All Google Business Messaging messages are subsequently routed into the LiveEngage platform, allowing the brand’s agents to respond directly from the agent workspace.