With over a billion messages being sent between people and businesses per month on Facebook Messenger, it’s time that businesses had a tool to manage these messages at scale. LiveEngage is now seamlessly integrated into Facebook Messenger, offering your brand the opportunity to tap into these consumers on their preferred messaging channel. Set up is easy and allows your agents to create ongoing connections with valuable customers right away.
Why use Facebook Messenger to connect with your consumers?
- Meet consumers where they are — Consumers can continue using one popular app - Facebook Messenger - to connect to friends, families and now businesses.
- Rich Messaging capabilities — Rich Messaging capabilities like quick replies and consumer-to-agent audio messaging provide an enhanced messaging experience with more flexibility.
- Enhanced indicators — Read receipts and typing indicators tell the consumer when agent is actively answering. The agent also benefits from knowing when the consumer receives the message.
- Simple bot integrations — Brands can plug their own bots into Facebook Messenger. Bots can then offer service and sales assistance to customers, with seamless transition to a human agent when required.
- In-depth reporting — Track and report on all Facebook Messenger interactions with detailed performance metrics within LivePerson’s platform.
These can be found in your Facebook page settings, under messaging settings:
- Greeting: sends a response the first time a consumer opens a conversation with your brand on messenger.
- Response assistant: allows you to send custom instant replies to anyone who messages your page.
- Response time: displays SLAs you can customize yourself e.g. Typically replies within an hour.
- Offline response: lets customers know you are offline but will respond soon e.g. Hi, we’re away right now but we’ll get back to you shortly.
Note: The messages above will display in the agent workspace. Just like messages sent by agents, they have a character limit of 640.
How conversations start
Brands and consumers can begin interacting over Facebook Messenger through multiple entry points, here are are some of the ways conversations can start:
- Facebook Messenger app: Consumers can begin conversations by searching for a brand directly within the Facebook Messenger app.
- Facebook business page: Brands can activate messaging capabilities on their Facebook business page, allowing consumers to click and start messaging.
- Button on website: Brands can embed a button on their website which invites consumers to message and launches Messenger.
- Opting in: Consumers can opt-in to receive purchase confirmation and updates via Messenger during the checkout process.
- Offsite engagements: Brands can embed a Message us button on ads, emails and other offsite locations.
Facebook Messenger can be configured in LivePerson’s platform in minutes. Brands can quickly and easily add this channel to their operations, allowing them to successfully manage all their consumer interactions in one place.
To onboard the Facebook connector:
- On the Campaigns page, click on Data Sources in the Campaigns footnote.
- From the Conversation Sources tab, click Connect in the Facebook Messenger box.
- Enable the Activate Facebook Source toggle, then click Next.
- Under configuration, click Log in. Note: In order to connect your Facebook page to LiveEngage, the administrator of the Facebook page needs to log in through LiveEngage
- If you are already logged in to Facebook: A new smaller window pops-up asking if you would like to "Continue as __?"_ and you click on "Continue as ___"
- If you have Admin rights to a Facebook page: it will ask you "What Pages do you want to use with LP on Messenger (VA1)?", you select the page(s) and click "Next". If you are not Admin of a Facebook Page it will skip to the next step
- It will now ask you "What is LP on Messenger (VA1) allowed to do?” If you were not presented with the previous step, options 2 and 3 will be grayed out and it will not allow you to complete the process (step 8). Click on "Done"
- It will tell you "You’ve now linked LP on Messenger (VA1) to Facebook" and give you an "OK" button that will close this smaller window.
- A small pop-up within LiveEngage will appear asking you to Subscribe the Facebook pages that you previously allowed, You "Subscribe" and click on Done.
- Click on Done on the lower right corner.
Adding an agent manager user to display third party messages
In order for messages sent directly from your Facebook Messenger inbox (via a Facebook page administrator or automated message) to appear in the agent workspace conversation thread, you will need to assign an agent manager user to whom the messages will be attributed.
On the Facebook connector page, under Add a Facebook external user, simply select the Facebook External User profile you have just created and click Done.
Note: To route visitors from your campaign to a speciifc skill, please contact your LivePerson representative.