The Data Transporter application connects you with Conversational Cloud report exports from the suite of Conversational Cloud Data APIs, enabling users to benefit from the power and agility of the Conversational Cloud open platform without the need to develop on top of our API based sources. Brands can now integrate with internal systems and reporting tools on recurrent schedules with greater ease and speed.
Data Transporter allows you to:
- Connect to multiple Conversational Cloud account API data sources
- Choose from a rich catalogue of raw data or formatted report exports
- Schedule exports from each Conversational Cloud data source
- Securely deliver your exports to: LP Cloud, Amazon S3, Google Cloud, and SFTP
- Login to Data Transporter requires feature access by request (see your account manager for pricing)
- Amount of scheduled tasks are limited per account
How to access Data Transporter
Access to Data Transporter is strictly by request - speak to your account manager to discuss pricing and enablement.
Once your account is enabled, you can begin by logging in via https://transporter.liveperson.net/login
1. Enter your Account Number (click Sign in)
2. You will be taken to the Conversational Cloud login screen
- Enter Username
- Enter Password
3. Multi-factor authentication is disabled by default; please see the [configuration guide]https://knowledge.liveperson.com/security-regulations-login-multi-factor-authentication-user-manual.html to enable.
Getting Started in Data Transporter
The TASKS page will show each task you have configured in Data Transporter - if this is your first time logging in, no tasks will have yet been configured.
On the left-hand side is the navigation and alerts menu.
TASKS: see and manage all your scheduled tasks here
HISTORY: view or download completed reports from your destinations
REPORTS: view and select available business or integration type reports
CONVERSATIONAL CLOUD: setup your source authorisation
SFTP/AMAZON/GOOGLE: setup your report destination authorisation
ACCOUNT: configure your timezone and set your encryption keys
Upon first use, please use the ALERTS notifications to navigate to each relevant section and follow the appropriate instructions.
- Choose a timezone - this setting will ensure all scheduled reports and times will appear relative to your selected timezone
- Setup encryption - for security reasons, Data Transporter encrypts all reports before transmission to your selected destination - as such, encryption must be activated by generating a Public/Private key-pair (or bring your own) - see encryption section
- Setup Conversational Cloud - to get started, make sure you have authorised at least 1 account data source via secure API keys - you can retrieve an API key from the Conversational Cloud console [Campaigns » Data Sources] (speak to your account manager, or visit the connection panel if you’re not sure how)
For security and data protection, all reports are encrypted - Data Transporter supports PGP/GPG based encryption which conforms to the OpenPGP standard. To get started with Encryption, you must first generate a Public and Private key-pair (PGP based) via the ACCOUNT section in Transporter and then in the ENCRYPTION tab - alternatively, if you have your own Public (PGP based), you can provide this instead. To generate a Public Key and Private Key pair, please enter a Passphrase and click Generate New Keys Once your keys are generated, your Public Key will be saved to your account, and you will be prompted to securely store your Private Key and Passphrase (these will not be saved).
Important: if you do not save your Private Key and/or Passphrase offline, you will not be able to decrypt your completed reports - use GPG Suite or GPG4Win
Notes about Encryption:
- Keys will be generated with an RSA key size of 2,048 bits (alternatively, if you bring your own, they must also be 2,048 bits)
- A secure Passphrase is required to generate a new set of keys - if you bring your own keys, enter the Passphrase you previously used to verify your keys are valid
- There are a variety of free and paid tools you may used to store your Public/Private key offline, and allow for 1-click encryption/decryption of GPG/PGP-based files
- GPG Tools / GPG Suite (Mac OSX) (free)
- GPG4Win (Windows) (free)
Connecting to the Conversation Cloud
API Key Setup
To extract report data from Conversational Cloud, Transporter requires that you configure a set of API keys from the Conversational Cloud console and enter them into Transporter in the CONVERSATIONAL CLOUD section. When configuring API keys from the Conversational Cloud Console, ensure the following APIs are checked after key creation:
- Data: Data Access API, Engagement History / Messaging Interactions, Operational Realtime / Messaging Operations
- Administration: Users, Skills, Agent Groups
Data Transporter Authorization
Once you have created your keys, enter them into Transporter via the Conversational Cloud section and click create. Your API keys will be encrypted and stored securely.
After verifying your keys are valid, you will see the Conversational Cloud setting appear in the table below - it is now ready for use as your source when you configure your first report.
From the REPORTS section, select a report from the available catalogue. You can choose from:
- Messaging Reports
- Chat Reports
- Admin Reports
Messaging and Chat reports are broken down into the following categories:
HISTORICAL BUSINESS REPORTS: these are reports that have been formatted to be more immediately useful for business use-cases, such as for import into Excel or other reporting tools that accept flat-file structures
HISTORICAL RAW DATA: these are reports based on Engagement History / Messaging Interactions APIs and provide a raw feed of the source data (in JSON format)
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT BUSINESS REPORTS: these are workforce management oriented reports that have been formatted for simple ingestion into business WFM tools
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT RAW DATA: these are reports based on the Operational Realtime / Messaging Operations APIs and provide a raw feed of the source data (in JSON format)
Admin type reports can provide a recurrent list of Skills, Agents and Agent Groups.
In the future, additional reports will be added - have an idea for a report? Let us know
For detailed information about the report data sources, visitor our Dev Center - the following reports are available via Data Transporter out of the box:
Create Report Options
After selecting a report, you will need to configure the following report options and then click Create Task.
- Description: a 2-3 word description about the report / task
- Format: the output file format (from a list of available options)
- Frequency: Weekly, Daily or Interval
- For weekly, also choose the day and time to run (timeframe = last 7 days)
- For daily, also choose the time of day to run (timeframe = last 24 hours)
- For interval, also choose the time frequency to run (timeframe will include the same amount of time as the time frequency selected)
- Delay: in some cases, API source data may be delayed in its completeness - where data completeness is strictly important, choose an option to delay the report from executing. For example, you may select:
- Daily at 12:00am with a delay of 6 hours: In this case, your report will run at 6am each day and include the data from 12:00am to 11:59pm of the previous day
- Conversational Cloud: the Conversational Cloud data source
- Destination: See below
For some reports, you may also have the option to select additional report parameters - if this option exists, it will be presented to you on the report creation screen.
After all options are completed, you can click Create task to save the task - it will begin running at the next scheduled time.
- LP Cloud - secure storage on LP servers (provided for you)
- SFTP - securely deliver to your own SFTP server (you provide restricted username/password or username/SSH Key)
- Amazon - AWS S3 bucket storage (you provide IAM keys)
- Google - Google Cloud Storage (you provide IAM keys)
This option allows you to securely save files to your own SFTP server having provided restricted user credentials in the form of a username/password along with the server details.
This option allows you to securely save files to our existing LP servers - to retrieve files saved here, you must login to Transporter and download the completed reports from the HISTORY section - files saved to this destination will automatically be removed after 28 days.
Amazon / Google
Securely upload files to your AWS S3 or Google Cloud Storage bucket -
Important: _ for these destinations, when providing your authorisation credentials in the relevant section of Transporter, LivePerson strongly recommends to use IAM (Identity & Access Management) based authorisation keys.
Editing Report Tasks
After you have selected your options, your report will be created and will run at the next scheduled time according to the frequency you selected.
To edit an existing report, from either the TASKS section, or from where you created the report, find the task you’d like to edit and click the pencil icon.
The interface will show that you are currently editing the task - update any of the available options and click Update task. In addition to editing the task, you may also:
- Disable the task using the toggle switch
- Select many tasks and disable or delete them
- Find that tasks history via the history icon
Downloading tasks from Data Transporter
After a report task has completed, you can view the history from the HISTORY section via the Navigation menu.
To download the report to your browser, just click the download icon.
The HISTORY is also the location where you can find and retrieve reports delivered to LP Cloud - note that files saved to LP Cloud will automatically be removed within 28 days.
If you see a lock next to the download icon, this means you have not entered and verified your Private Key during this browsing session. Whilst your Private Key is not needed to download the encrypted file, if it is not provided, then after download, the file will not be decrypted and you will need to decrypt it yourself.
- All delivered files will be encrypted - it is up to the user to decrypt these files with their Private Key (there are many options to decrypt using PGP/GPG software; see ENCRYPTION section of this guide)
- Each account is limited by a maximum number of tasks - speak to your account manager to discuss task limitation options.
- From time to time, new LP APIs or new features in existing LP APIs become available - these new APIs or features may not be immediately available via Data Transporter. Contact us to request enhancements.
- Some non-standard text characters (long-hyphen, back-tick, etc) may not be correctly decoded with UTF-8 resulting in, for example, results such as â€" instead of long-hyphen –
- Reports from the Data Transporter catalogue cannot be modified other than the options revealed during Task configuration. Reports are designed to provide as much of the data available as possible for brands to then disseminate appropriately. Feature requests are regularly considered and incorporated into future versions of existing reports, or new reports entirely.
- Brands that select the “latest“ version of any given report agree that the report may change from time-to-time with either enhancements or fixes.