What is Dynamic Routing?
The Conversation Orchestrator’s Dynamic Routing provides a centralized experience to create dynamic policies to achieve routing to the best human agent, skill, or bot. Routing policies are based on intent and/or context attributes such as consumer profile data, operational context (load, predicted wait times, KPIs), and conversation history.
The power of the Conversation Orchestrator’s Dynamic Routing comes from its ability to use a variety of attributes in routing policies - including intents, context, and predictive AI models - in order to create highly personalized journeys to optimize care and sales experiences.
With the Conversation Orchestrator, brands easily build routing policies based on profile information, interaction history, and other contextual data. The Conversation Orchestrator’s Dynamic Routing works by combining all available information - such as intent, contexts and predictive AI models - together with a brand’s predefined policies to make the best routing decision for the specific conversation.
- Unlock highly personalized journeys to optimize care and sales experiences
- Customize routing based on intent, context, and predictive AI
- Solve customer requests quickly by routing dynamically to human agents or bots
- Increase agent and operational efficiency by leveraging automations in routing
Common use cases:
All brands can offer relevant bots and knowledge base articles proactively and at the right time in the conversation, replacing sticky notes and saving time compared to structured content. Here are some use cases per industry:
- When a brand suffers an exceptional event (storm, incident), route to a bot for intents related to the outage. For all other intents (e.g. billing) route to a human agent pool
- Route a group of intents (e.g. order enquiry, cancellation, scheduling) to a general order skill unless the customer is a VIP, then send them to their Dedicated Advisor
- For lost baggage intent, return to the same agent if the customer is returning within a given time period; for VIP customers, route to high priority skill
How Dynamic Routing works
Dynamic Routing gives brands the power to author policies based on intent and/or context attributes (such as consumer profile data), operational context (load, wait time, KPIs), conversational history, or predicted outcomes (e.g. sales funnel conversion)
When a conversation comes into the Agent Workspace, Conversation Orchestrator works in the background to quickly understand the consumer’s intent, fed from information via Intent Analyzer. It then uses Conversation Orchestrator’s Dynamic Routing to assess the conversation’s context from various data sources and route to the right agent or bot.
Brands can build and manage policies using the Conversation Orchestrator workspace:
For more information on implementation, please see the LivePerson Developer Center.